Thursday, May 7, 2009

Many Thanks

Posted in by Dustin and Beth | Edit
I just wanted to personally thank everyone for today! It was amazing to see all the people who cared and loved Steven so much today at the funeral. The singing was amazing! Michelle and I both commented to each other during the singing how wonderful it sounded! The service was so nice and many of you drove (and flew) a long way to get here! Thank you! Also, for the ladies/men who helped with the meal for the family and out of town guests today...it was great! Steven would have loved the Ole Miss colors! After this post, I am going to turn this blog over to Michelle. I'm sure in time she will post things about her and the kids! She truly is one of my closest friends. Many of you asked me today how we knew each other....we have gone to church together for the past 5 years. Also, my husband left from Ft. Hood, Texas for Afghanistan last July and I came home to Alabama. I started living with them approx. 2 nights a week because their house was 5 minutes from my work...and my parents house was 1 hour from my work! Steven and Michelle have truly been a blessing to me through this deployment. They really have made my life easier this year. As I head back to Texas soon to welcome home a deployed soldier, this friendship I have had with Steven and Michelle will never be replaced and will continue to grow with Michelle for many years to come! May God Bless You All! Love, Beth Soechting

6 Comments


  1. Lacey Guy says:

    Beth,
    Thank you so much for keeping the blog up to date. Living so far away, I was glad to know what was going on.

    Michelle,
    I wish we could have been there to celebrate Steven's life, but we were there in spirit. You and your beautiful children will continue to be in our prayers.

    Matt and Lacey Guy

    May 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM

  2. Anonymous

    Beth,
    The singing was indeed great, and both speakers did a great job, though I especially liked the comment that David Decker made to me later. He said, "Steven preached his own funeral with the way he lived his life, all I had to do was say amen". My son tells me it's nothing to be proud of, but I think I could take on Charles Gilbert in a snoring contest.
    Beth, as for you, once again I would like to thank you for everything you've done for Michelle, as well as with this board. Also, once again my thanks go out to your husband for serving our country, and to you for the sacrifice you are making while he is away.
    Thursday was truly a wonderful celebration of the life of Steven, and even though it was under less than desired circumstances it was nice to see some old friends and share fellowship with them as well as new ones.
    Sincerely,
    Mr. Leslie W. Willard and family

    May 8, 2009 at 4:19 PM

  3. Carla Hunt

    Michelle,

    This is Carla (Gilreath) Hunt. Mama just told me the news today. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your little ones in my prayers.

    With Love,
    Carla

    May 9, 2009 at 10:45 AM

  4. Anonymous

    Steven worked with us for several years when he was in Nashville. We shared many life experiences together. My husband had just had surgery on Wednesday and we were unable to drive to the funeral; but, we spent some time together that afternoon remembering:

    --what a spunky, hard-working hustler he was
    --how kind he was
    --his sense of humor
    --how he thought Michelle was the cutest girl he had ever seen and he went to the bank NUMEROUS times a day just to see her
    --how he plotted their engagement dinner
    --saving to buy the engagement ring
    --how he hurt with us with our daughter was in a car accident and how he stepped in and took care of the business while we were at the hospital
    --the day he accepted Jesus Christ as his Saviour
    --his commitment to his family and his church
    --his love for his mother and his family
    --his love for his friend, Tommy
    --bringing Pierce to my office in Nashville for a visit
    I spoke with Steven just a week or so before he became ill and he was telling me that he would keep us in his prayers. Little did we know. . .
    There will always be a place in my heart that was reserved just for Steven. Now it will be filled by the legacy of a wonderful Christian wife that he adored and 2 beautiful children that he was so, so proud of. . .
    Henry and Wanda King

    May 11, 2009 at 9:37 AM

  5. TG says:

    Just checking in to see if there are any updates. Thinking of the Judd family daily. We love you guys.

    T&E

    May 11, 2009 at 8:59 PM

  6. Lori says:

    Michelle,
    This is Lori(Bell)Fuller from DLU. Just wanted to let you know that you and your family have been and will continue to be in my prayers. From the comments posted and from what I hear, Steven was a well liked man of God.

    Beth - My husband just left the military. We were at Ft. Hood for over 6 yrs. In fact, we still own our home out there. I have a wonderful friend that I would love to hook you up with when you get back to TX. Feel free to contact me at lorifuller2@hotmail.com

    Much love and prayers to you, Michelle and your precious children.
    Lori

    May 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM